Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Test Drive

Other than a 180 degree spin near the end of the journey, the ride today was uneventful.

It's not so epic either. I don't have so much time, and I do think this much is enough.

The 272 metered kilometer (or 244 corrected kilometers) ride took about 4.5 hours excluding breaks. This covers mainly the southern side of Selangor.

Pre-drive, I did a general check on the engine, inside the radiator, the oil level and electrical connections.

What shocks me, was two loose spark plugs, at locations 1 and 3 from radiator side. This was promptly tightened. Lucky me!

No wonder the area around the particular spark plugs are a little bit oilier than the rest.

And then, a full fill up of the tank, which registers almost 20 liters. This is exactly the amount to use, which when the amount is up, will see the gauge registering the middle level. Bought some bread too after that.

Then, at approximately 8AM, I am off, to Salak via Putrajaya-Salak Tinggi highway.

This was followed by Sepang and Sungai Pelek, and by accident I went instead of Morib, to Bagan Lalang. This mistake was well received though, as I did enjoy the brief view of the sea, and the construction of the marina lodging.

These are the next few towns and notable villages.
  • Tanjong Sepat
  • Morib
  • Banting
  • Jenjarom
  • Telok Panglima Garang
Arriving in Klang, the weather was already warm. It's almost 10AM by then.

As I came near Kota Bridge, I knew I made a significant mistake. It was a traffic jam, which I am aware of but forgot to recall.

I thought it would be fine. But then I saw it.

The first result of the test. Zero oil pressure at idle. One burden.

Then the clutch, probably getting a bit too warm, decides to bind together a bit. Oh no! Extra burden.

I am not to be put down so easily though. I played with the clutch, and pressed the throttle to more than 1500rpm. That should kind of a temporary solution until I cleared the city congestion.

Middle of the commotion, I found an opening heading to Kapar. So I followed that instead, not anticipating any proximity of clearance if I still head to Federal Highway.

Not far into Jalan Kapar, I finally did found an entrance to enter NKVE, with a non-memorable name. I followed that.

Via NKVE I attempt to enter the Federal Highway. Then I head to Shah Alam.

At first, I plan to head to Sungai Buloh and then Rawang via the Monterez route. But instinct told me I am maybe too tired already. Plus I have not eaten much. And I need a drink.

A brief stop at Shah Alam cures this. And I am off to Sunway and entered LDP, Putrajaya bound.

Near Bukit Puchong, I decided that I need a little more old road cure. Thus I entered the alternative road to Cyberjaya via Bukit Puchong Industrial Area.

Near the exit of this road is where I did a stunt that went too far. A 180 degree turn.

I think I cornered at 60kph. I am sure the bend I was about to enter was a 115 degree bend.

The back went outwards faster than I can blink. No amount of steering correction can contra this ultimate type of oversteer.

No harm was done to me and STELLAR.

My heart did stop for a while I think. PHEW!

Mentally noted, I must do it again under controlled condition.

Cyberjaya time, I strolled around a bit. And I went back. Arrival is at exactly 2PM. And I went to sleep mode.

For the next one, I will plan a better ride, utilizing as minimum highway as possible, including even those freeway around me. I plan to drive to the northern side of Selangor for this one. A northern Negeri Sembilan ride is an option too, for it has more Federal road than I can imagine having in Selangor.

No comments: