Saturday, January 21, 2006

Drive Itinerary

Itinerary
  • 8.40am: Departed from Pulau Serai at northern Dungun. My cousin Azammi's house.
  • 9am: Just past Bukit Bauk Polytechnic area at southern Dungun. About to enter Bukit Bauk hill road.
  • 10am: At Kemaman outskirts. 7 minutes stopover at uncle Abu Bakar in Chendor, and 15-minutes refuelling at Cherating.
  • 11am: At the infamous diamond-shaped intersection near Kuantan. The one 10 kilometers before the clove-shaped intersection.
  • 12pm: At Kampong Sri Jaya in Maran district.
  • 1pm: At Temerloh Industrial Park in Mentakab.
  • 2pm: At an unknown spot on the Gombak-Bentong historical road. KL is around 66km away.
  • 3pm: Near to Terminal Putra LRT at Gombak.

Highlights.
  • No tolls are involved, except Sungai Besi-Kajang 1.80rm toll.
  • Used several historical roads, namely, Kijal-Perwaja old road, Perwaja-Kemaman Supply Base old road, Kuantan-Karak old road and Gombak-Bentong old road.
  • STELLAR shines in overtaking. I think he's more eager in a new skin.
  • No traffic on the Gombak-Bentong old road until Kampong Orang Asli Gombak. I love the loneness.
  • No stopover at all from Cherating until Kajang toll. About 400 breathtaking kilometers. Unlikely for a Mini, I know.
  • Two police roadblocks at two unrecalled locations, and a single-vehicle accident near Gambang traffic light junction near MEC City doesn't slow me down.
  • I still see most of the vehicles I saw before, all the time. Most that overtakes me. And those vehicles that I overtake, I didn't see most of them anymore. Either I'm too adventurous or they are really sedately-driving.
I'm tired. Gotta get some sleep now.

No comments: