Thursday, January 29, 2009

Almost 150?

While on the highway last night, I think I pressed the throttle too much.

Way too much.

I finished the 140kph meter, and did a further estimated 20 or 25 extra undisplayed kph. That's around 160 or 165kph total.

Calculating that for every kilometer reflected on the meter is actually 0.9kilometers on the road, I reckon I actually did 144 to 148kph!

That's a new personal record.

The previous owner did mention once that the Mini can reach 150kph. I don't doubt that now.

But it was not a pretty experience. The car chassis was totally vibrating. I got myself a prolonged nervousness that stays for 10 minutes after I ease off to 90 again.

I think the floorboard needs replacing first, before another reattempt can commence.

I will stay at the stipulated speed limits from now onwards, except for overtaking.

No comments: