Monday, November 23, 2009

This Wood Is A Keeper

I believe I have an idea about checking STELLAR's alignment.

It will involve, instead of the traditional use of long sewing threads, the use of a three meter long straight wood.

The wood, or beam, used to be a refuse of our home, which origin or purpose is not known.

It has been sitting idle inside our porch for a good month, and has also been outside our house gate for about a month, until I accidentally imagined using it as an alignment checker.

So the wood is spared, and inside it went again, last Saturday.

I will check first whether the wood is truly straight. Whether it is "true", like most bodyworks repairmen will usually say.

And then, one side of the wood will be used as the checker for the front side toe, and one side for the rear toe.

The two more sides will be used to check other measurements, like the distance between the front and the rear wheel centers (wheel base).

I will have to straighten out the steering wheels first, and then the check will follows.

i have not had any idea with the type of marking to use, whether with correction fluid, or marker pen, or just a pencil. But i think a pencil may be more suitable. My son's colored pencil will be a very useful candidate in this case.

Each side will only be used for its own purpose.

And then, probably, I will use it to check on Warriors' alignment too.

Yes, I am going to just check first, and still let the alignment shop do their work. Only thing is, I can make educated guess, before and after the alignment shop do their stuffs.

The wood will definitely stay with me for a little while.

No comments: